Wedding season complete.

I made it through my first wedding season at Cross Creek Ranch.  Now we have a slower summer to prepare for the madness again in the fall.  Saturday morning started out with a bowl of cereal:

Then it was off to work to set up for the wedding.  It was different but pretty:

For lunch I brought a fake turkey sandwich:

With some baked salt and vinegar chips and a couple of veggies.  After work I came home and relaxed a little before whipping up a batch of veggie chili:

I had mine over a sweet potato with “rice cheese” and sour cream.  I turned hubby’s into a big plate of cheesy nachos:


Sunday morning was strange.  I woke up at 6:30 (not planning on running this day), and hopped out of bed and went for an early morning run.  I had a couple of pieces of pineapple before my run, and a bowl of oatmeal after:

Then another wedding set up:

I brought some leftover chili for lunch:

And then the last wedding was complete.  And so it was off to celebrate Memorial Day with a neighborhood cookout.  I did not partake in the delicious looking and smelling steaks on the grill.  Instead, I had a unpictured corn on the cob, and a plate of my favorite:

Crab legs, glorious crab legs.  So darn good.  And a bottle of pinot grigio, I had a great evening.

Monday was a rest day fo sho!  When I finally dragged myself out of bed, I made some reduced fat cinnamon rolls that have been lurking in the back of  my fridge:

With a couple of meatless sausages that were surprisingly good.  Then it was back to lying around.  I didn’t eat lunch, just snacked on some cherries and pineapple.  We had decided to go out to eat at Bonefish Grill, and I was nice and hungry by the time 7:00 rolled around.  I may have over did it.  See damage below:

Yummy bread.


Bang Bang Shrimp.  This was my favorite.

Ahi Tuna.

Parmesan Pecan Crusted Rainbow Trout with potatoes au gratin and veggies.

And of course, my favorite dessert ever:

Oh creme brulee, how I love thee!

As soon as we got home, I fell into the bed into a serious food coma, and that was all she wrote.

I was feeling great Tuesday morning, but not hungry, so I only had a few pieces of unpictured pineapple.  Then it was off to a fun day of shopping with my friend Jean.  We went to Ulta, Ross, Marshall’s, Stein Mart, Anthropologie, and ended at the Publix Greenwise market.  Yes, we get together and go food shopping.  We’re just crazy like that.  The market had a great selection of food, a hot and cold salad bar, sandwiches, but for us, it was the pizza oven we couldn’t resist.  We ordered a small pizza each, but got a large instead:

Mine had mozzarella and goat cheese, mushroom, peppers, black olives, and onions.  I only ate a piece and a half, but I was thankful that I didn’t have to think about what to make for dinner.  Hubby was happy.  I didn’t have pizza for dinner, I really wanted to use up the last of my veggie chili.

It just keeps getting better.  I spent my evening reading magazines from the stack Jean gave me.  Thanks Jean!  I just love reading magazines!  What a great day!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s